Aquatic therapy takes advantage of the physical properties of water, especially buoyancy. Aquatic rehabilitation reduces the amount of stress places on the joints so it is especially well suited for patients who are in pain and are weakened due to an injury or disability. The decreased joint stress enables patients to exercise easier with less pain.
Benefits of aquatic therapy include a patient’s ability to reduce joint and soft-tissue swelling from the natural pressure of water. In addition, water provides enough resistance to strengthen muscles.
We use aquatic therapy, including an underwater treadmill, as a part of treatment programs for:
- Total Hip, Knee, or Joint Replacements
- Pregnancy-related Musculoskeletal Pain
- Difficulty Walking or Weight-bearing Capacity
- Extremity Injuries Preventing Exercise on Normal Surfaces or in Sports
- Spinal Dysfunction Preventing Exercise on Normal Surfaces due to Pain, Immobility and Compression
Currently only treating aqua therapy patients at our Bay City Wilder rd. location
[ Back to Services ]